Friday, September 9, 2011

Week #3 - Pound a Week and 6-month Moon Walk Challenge

This has not been a good week. I only logged two hours in the pool, seven miles walking and the numbers on the scale are still rising. Since starting the moon walk challenge in June, I've gained nearly twenty pounds. I joined the pound a week challenge determined to reverse the trend. To say I was angry this morning when I checked the numbers would be quite an understatement. On the bright side, I did decide to behave like a grown-up and not throw the scale through the window. I didn't even throw it in the trash. Instead, I gave myself five minutes for pouting, followed by ten minutes of planning. Next week will be better.

I have a big decision to make. One of my co-workers in Chicago has started training for a triathlon. Swimming is his weak spot, so every day we're in the hotel, he'll spend time in the hotel pool. Another co-worker may coach him. Do I dare squeeze myself into a bathing suit and swim along? I love swimming, but no one I work with has ever seen me in a swim suit. The closest they've come is seeing vacation photos of me in my dive gear. I don't think I can do it, but maybe I can find out what time they're training and log some hours at a different time. I have to do something different. Walking alone is obviously not working.

Steve's tip this week is about Isometric Exercise. Check it out.

1 comment:

Karen L Kay said...

Thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement (and positive approach) Char!

I'm ramping up the exercise a little - (actually back to where I was before I started slipping)... I love to swim! Will try to get to the pool at least twice this week too!

I say go for it - who cares if they see you in your swimsuit. This world belongs to us all! Enjoy!

KK http://polarpenguinpounds.wordpress.com